Different options for the creation of the mind maps:
- The Venn diagram:
It helps you to compare two things. In the middle part where overlap the circles, we are going to write the things that these two things have in common, while in the other sides, we should write the things that are different between them.
- The problem – solving loop:
It helps you to break a problem into small steps.
- The Y-chart:
It helps you to build a picture of a person, place or object describing things that you can see, things that you can hear and things that you can feel.
- The KWLH chart:
It helps you to research information about a topic. You need to complete it before, during and after your research with things that you know, things that you want to know, how you find out the information and things that you learnt.
It helps you to think about the different parts of a big topic.
- Write the topic at the top of the umbrella.
- Think of categories that are part of this topic. Write them bellow the topic.
- Think of ideas and put them under the correct category.
The PMI chart helps you to identify the advantages (+) and the disadvantages (-) of something.
- Write the question at the top of the chart.
- Write the pluses. These are the positive things.
- Write the minuses. These are the negative things.
- Now write interesting things you learn.
- It helps you to evaluate and order your ideas.
It helps you to think about why something happens: these are the causes. The result of the causes is the effect.