To introduce the unit we usually use a story. Through this story, we work on the point of grammar, vocabulary, pronunciation… that are necessary in each moment.
But this not only stays here because we also take advantage of each story worked to make different theatres in class.
In this way, the following objectives are worked:
- To raise self-esteem and self-confidence in students.
- Create a framework of pleasant conviviality between them and the teacher.
- To encourage behavioral habits that promote socialization, tolerance and cooperation among peers.
- To make schoolchildren feel the need to submit to a necessary discipline in every group.
- To spread intellectual concerns so that students enjoy the study and research.
- To work on pronunciation and fluency in a foreign language.
- To encourage a taste for the foreign language, English.
- And obviously, to having fun and learning in an active way.
This time, we have worked this story in Primary 4 (Unit 6):
- A DISCOVERY IN THE FOREST: Here you have the links to watch the videos: